School Development Plan 2018
Having now completed our focus on Literacy & Writing we have chosen this year to focus on the area of Oral Language. In particular, we will concentrate on Vocabulary Development & Oral Language itself. This will compliment all the previous work done in the area of English to date as we continue on our journey of Self-Evaluation.
In previous years we have already looked at Maths and in particular Problem Solving, Number Facts and the Language of Maths. We are continuing our focus on these areas this year. Check out our maths page here on the website to see all the changes made to our:
- approach to the use of maths language
- our whole school approach to problem solving
SPHE: Social, Personal & Health Education
Last year we revised our S.P.H.E. School Plan and are implementing all changes this year which incorporates
- our 2 year cycle approach to R.S.E (Relationships and Sexuality Education) and Stay Safe Programmes
- incorporation of elements of the Walk Tall Programme
- use of the programme "Friends for Life" in 5th Class
- use of the programme "Fun Friends" in Senior Infants
- highlighting our pupil and staff well-being with our Growth Mindset and “Not Yet” initiatives.
- incorporation of pupil voice through our monthly assemblies, Shout Out board etc